There are quite a few Vendors when we are talking on manufacturers of Scanners, but one name you will find more often on the field.
- PCTEL, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCTI) delivers Performance Critical Telecom solutions. RF Solutions develops and provides test equipment, software and engineering services for wireless networks. Engineers rely upon PCTEL to optimize, visualize, and benchmark wireless networks. Connected Solutions™ designs and delivers performance critical antennas and site solutions for wireless networks globally. Our antennas support evolving wireless standards for cellular, private, and broadband networks. PCTEL antennas and site solutions support networks worldwide, including SCADA for oil, gas and utilities, fleet management, industrial operations, health care, small cell and network timing deployment, defense, public safety, education, and broadband access.I will not mention old LX and DX series of their Scanners but will focus on latest models.
Pctel Seegull series:
EX – two-band EX Mini, four-band EX, and six-band EX+ models in a variety of multi-technology configurations, the SeeGull® EX helps operators characterize the Radio Access Network (RAN), lower their operational expenditures, and deliver a better experience to their users.
SeeGull EX Features Include:
- Single and multi-technology configurations
- Top N, spectrum analysis and RSSI measurements
- High dynamic range for expanded signal detection
- LTE resource block and sub band measurements
- Exclusive PCTEL LTE MIMO parameters
- GPS time stamp and CDMA/EV-DO GPS holdover capability
- Low power consumption for indoor applications
EXflex -combines the flexibility to test mobile networks on frequency bands from 150 MHz to 6 GHz It supports most major wireless technologies used around the world in a single unit.
Main advantage of this series is that it is sort of SDR radio, so it can accept all upgrades and additional features remotely without need for the customer to return Scanner back to Pctel to be upgraded.
- Increase productivity with multi-technology, multi-band scanning
- Future-proof investment: band range from 150 MHz to 6 GHz
- Proven high dynamic range for expanded signal detection
- Advanced analysis of LTE resource blocks and subbands
- Reduce complexity by eliminating the need for separate modules
- Improve in-building testing productivity
- Test Multi-Operator Networks with One Unit
- Accurate CDMA/EV-DO Measurements with GPS Holdover
- Low Power Consumption Maximizes Battery Life
MX – MX scanning receiver features a modular Software-Defined Radio (SDR) architecture that enables it to acquire, process, and report data from up to six technologies on up to eight RF operating bands in a single drive test. The SeeGull MX’s concurrency feature uses parallel processing to measure emerging complex LTE/WCDMA/GSM, LTE/CDMA/EV-DO, and mixed LTE FDD/TDD multi-technology broadband networks with zero degradation in performance. GPS holdover gives the MX accurate network timing for in-building measurements of CDMA and EV-DO networks. TD-LTE, WCDMA, and GSM Layer 3 message reporting allows operators to improve device connections and handovers. With Blind Scan, high data density, and six-technology scanning capabilities, SeeGull MX is also the perfect choice for
benchmarking multiple operators’ networks, indoors or out.
IIBflex – IBflex™ scanning receiver is designed for in-building and small cell testing. Quickly identify and solve problems that hinder network performance using IBflex’s comprehensive testing capability. Conduct walk tests more efficiently with its array of features tailored for indoor use. Its enhanced measurements, including Wi-Fi readings, can be used to improve coverage and capacity, maximize customer satisfaction, and increase the long-term revenue potential of in-building wireless networks. While the design and features set of the IBflex are geared towards indoor walk tests, the scanner is fully functional for outdoor or drive test needs
- Improve in-building testing productivity
- Test multi-operator networks across all major wireless technologies, plus Wi-Fi
- Low power consumption and hot swap battery system
- Reduce user fatigue during walk testing for DAS and small cell deployment with lightweight scanning receiver in a small form factor
- Maximize LTE throughput with Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) LTE scanner measurements
- OS support for Windows® laptop and Android™ tablet or UE to collect RF data based on specific needs
- Control and manage the scanner with flexible connectivity using Bluetooth® or USB
- Store data easily across multiple devices
- Accurate CDMA/EV-DO measurements with GPS holdover