LTE (Long Term Evolution) protocol standard is the so called 4G (4th Generation) mobile standard in the rapidly evolving mobile technologies. Its distinguishing feature is an all IP infrastructure and significantly greater air interface bandwidth to the mobile handset. It was developed as an enhancement to the existing 3G UMTS System (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) to provide users enhanced mobile radio and internet access.
The LTE air interface is a completely new system based on orthogonal frequency-division multiple access (OFDMA) in the downlink and single-carrier frequency-division multiple access (SC-FDMA) in the uplink. The system efficiently supports multi-antenna technologies (MIMO). OFDMA is considered much better at handling the varying propagation conditions seen in mobile radio. This is similar to WiMAX. In MIMO techniques, either multiple antennas can transmit the same data stream to improve data-transmission reliability or different antennas can transmit different data streams simultaneously to increase throughput.
GL Communications Inc. have developed product suitable for LTE Analysis and Simulation with following features and capabilities.
- Connect to Mobile Phones, Smart Phones, and Broadband Devices using GL’s portable VQuad™ – Dual UTA system.
- Test LTE devices for Voice, Data, Video quality metrics with complete automation and centrally controlled system
- Use GL’s VQuad™ – Dual UTA to confirm quality of service during the network upgrade process
- VQuad™ can send commands to the Mobile Device Controller application residing on the smart phones to remotely perform Automated Data Testing irrespective of whether the phone is on a voice call or not.
LTE Protocol Simulation
- Supports emulation of for several interfaces – currently S1 – MME, eGTP-c ( S3, S4, S5, S8, S10, S11 and S16), and Diameter (S6a, S6d, S13, Cx, Dx, Gx, and Rx), X2-AP interfaces.
- Simulate up to 500 Smartphones (UEs) powering up and down
- It can simulate various nodes across LTE network –
- S1-MME interface – eNodeB (also called Evolved NodeB), and MME (Mobility Management Entity) nodes in
- eGTP-c interfaces – MME (Mobility Management Entity), SGSN (Serving GPRS Support Node), SGW (Serving Gateway), and PGW (Packet Data Network Gateway)
- X2-AP interface – two eNodeB (also called Evolved NodeB) end-points
- Diameter interfaces – MME (Mobility Management Entity), HSS (Home Subscriber Server), AF (Application Function), PCRF (Policy and Charging Rules Function), CSCF (Call Session Control Function), SGSN (Serving GPRS Support Node), PCEF (Policy and Charging Enforcement Function), EIR (Equipment Identity Register) and PDN GW (Packet Data Network Gateway)
- Authenticate and confirm security procedures
- QoS requests for greater or lesser bandwidth
- Temporary addressing management for mobility and security
LTE Protocol Analysis
- Capable of capturing, decoding and performing various test measurements between any two nodes across various interfaces including S1, S3, S4, S5 (or S8), S6a, S10, S11, S13 and X2 interfaces of the LTE network
- Supports both Real-time and Offline types of LTE Analyzer
- Trace files for analysis can be loaded through simple command-line arguments.
- Complete LTE S1-MME interface Analysis – visit LTE Analyzer page.
- Complete S1-MME interface Emulation – visit Maps LTE-S1 page.
- S3, S4, S5, S8, S10, S11 and S16
- Complete LTE eGTP-c interface Analysis – visit LTE Analyzer page.
- Complete eGTP-c interfaces Emulation – visit Maps LTE-eGTP page.
- S6a, S6d, S13, Cx, Dx, Gx, and Rx
- Complete LTE Diameter interfaces Analysis – Visit LTE Analyzer page.
- Complete LTE Diameter interfaces Emulation – visit Maps Diameter page.
- X2-Application Protocol (AP)
- Complete LTE X2-AP interface Analysis – visit LTE Analyzer page.
- Complete LTE X2-AP interface Emulation – visit Maps X2-AP page.
- Network Monitoring System (NMS)
- Monitoring LTE Network – Visit NetSurveyorWeb™ page
- Testing End to End LTE Devices
- Complete end to end voice, data, video quality testing of LTE network-visit Automated Network Wide Testing
- Automated test statistics and results across next generation LTE network can be accessed via web interface