Interesting new product they recently introduced to the Market is called iBuildNet.
What is iBuildNet ?
Ranplan iBuildNet is used for in-building wireless network planning and optimisation based on 3D building modelling. It can be used to plan a new as well as to evaluate and optimise an existing indoor wireless network. Its features are as follows: It supports fast 3D building modelling based on CAD files.It has a built-in Material/System/Network Element databases.It can be used to plan and optimise in-building solutions based on BBU+RRU, picocells, Distributed Antenna System (DAS), repeaters, radiating cables and femtocells;Compares the cost and performance of different indoor solutions. It outputs network design, cost breakdown, network element summary automatically in the form of Excel or PDF files.It integrates with RRPS (Ranplan Radio Propagation Simulator) and third party radio propagation simulators to provide an accurate signal propagation prediction in the building and from the building to the outside.In iBuildNet, radio propagation prediction are calculated based on full 3D building model with consideration of building materials, which could dramatically affects the radio propagation behaviours.
The benefits to the wireless service providers include:
– The users within buildings experience increased quality of indoor data and voice services resulting in a greatly improved user experience and an elimination of dead zones within the building.
– The service provider sees an increase in the uptake of the new mobile data services and their associated revenue streams.
– The external pre-existing network has a greatly reduced demand in high-density areas, which gives it an increased level of service to the remaining users.
– The requirement to increase the number of outdoor macro cells to maintain services is reduced, which also minimizes the overall interference level on the outdoor mobile network. This naturally improves the overall network quality, shortens the amount of time needed to become profitable and increases profitability.
iBuildNet can be widely used in indoor wired and wireless network design, planning, optimization, and deployment projects. For example, iBuildNet can be used to:
– Design multiple wireless networks incorporating microcells, repeaters, distributed antenna system, femtocells, Wi-Fi etc. This could be within a single building or across a complex campus.
– Design and optimize wireless network used in shopping centers, hotels, offices, stadiums and tunnels.
– Design wired and wireless networks in multiple buildings.
– Design various 2G, 3G and 4G systems.
iBuildNet can be also used in academic research and commercial research institutions to investigate indoor and indoor to outdoor interference (such as between small-cells or between small-cells and macro cells), wireless sensor networks, Ethernet and indoor wireless localization.
It appears that Ibwave design got heavy competition.
Update from Ascom